Change

A lot has happened in my life since my first post back in October 2010 {please excuse my rough photography skills}.
 
I've lost over 40 pounds. {and still working on losing 20 more.....}
I moved.
I lived by myself for the first time {no parents, no roomies, no boys}. 
One relationship came to a close.
And another relationship started up and is going strong. 

And all along, I was cranking out goodies, mostly of the sugary, chocolate variety.

And while I still love everything chocolate, and peanut butter, and caramel, I've made another big life change and decided to eat a paleo diet.

What is paleo?

Short answer- all the meat and veggies your little heart desires with some fruits, nuts, and healthy fats thrown in. What that also means- no grains, dairy, legumes, processed foods, sugar, and alcohol{though I cheat on the alcohol part a wee bit...don't tell anyone ;) }

And now's the part where most people look at me like I'm crazy. You're welcome to do so too. I can take it. :)  So even though I'm no longer going to be posting recipes that feature cheesy pasta or ridiculous amounts of sugar, I'm not here to shove caveman food down your throat either. 

Which I why I decided to do a 'rebranding' of sorts.  If you can even consider my little corner of the internet a brand. 

But I don't want to just switch over and become a paleo food blog. Even though I'll still be posting the occasional {paleo} recipe, I'm so much more than what my kitchen turns out.  Plus, there are plenty of fantastic paleo blogs already out there. {If you're interested, I can definitely point you in the right direction!}  I want to expand to more than just dinners and desserts- I want to be able to write about my other interests as well. 

I love movies and pop culture.
I love clothes and hair and make-up.
I love to travel {or at least the idea of travel- my wallet can't support too many adventures at the moment}.
And I'm a huge nerd {chemical engineer by day. blogger by night}

So I'm going to take some radio silence and do some brainstorming. And when I come back, there's going to be a little bit of anything and everything. See you soon with a whole new look!

No comments:

Post a Comment