I'm a sucker for bread. Even better: cheese topped bread. Even better than that: cheesy, tomato-y, garlic-y, artichoke-y bread. I saw this bread and fell in love.
But I couldn't bring myself to make it. Remember that whole resolutions thing? Yeah....me too. Which means I have to keep my dinners pretty healthy in order to enjoy the cookies and cakes and whatever other butter-flour-sugar monstrosities I bake up.
So I traded the french bread for whole wheat pasta and added some roasted tomatoes. Get all the awesomeness of cheesy artichoke bread in a fantabulous pasta dinner. I'm a new years resolution genius!
Inspired by this recipe
What You'll Need:
- 1 pint Grape Tomatoes, halved
- 4-6 cloves of Garlic, unpeeled
- S & P
- A Couple Pinches of Sugar
- Olive Oil
- 2 cans Quartered Artichoke Hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 box Whole Wheat Pasta
- Palmful Fresh Basil, chopped
- Parmesan Cheese for Topping
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 300F. Line a rimmed cookie sheet with foil. Place tomatoes cut side up on sheet Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and a little bit of sugar. Take unpeeled garlic (easier if their kept together in the peel) and cut the very top off. Drizzle with a olive oil and wrap in aluminum foil. Roast garlic and tomatoes for approximately 1 hour, until tomatoes begin to shrivel.
- When roasting is nearly complete, boil a pot of water and cook pasta.
- While pasta is cooking, heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add tomatoes and artichokes. Squeeze garlic out of peel and add to pan. Use spoon to mash garlic a bit and stir to mix everything together. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Serve "sauce" on top of pasta and garnish with basil and parmesan.