Jalapeno Popper Sliders

I try to eat healthy.  Emphasis on try. My theory, if I'm a good girl and eat my fruits and veggies and not a ton of crap for breakfast, lunch and dinner, then I can indulge a little bit. Hence the two bags of Dove chocolate currently in my pantry. 
However, I'm also the type of girl that would eat the TGI Friday's sampler platter for a meal.  Potato skins AND mozzarella sticks AND jalapeno poppers AND hamburger sliders?  Works for me!
So when I saw this burger, I knew it was love at first sight.  You mean I not only get a burger (I've gone on about my love of sandwiches here, and burgers are like the sandwich's awesome uncle) but that burger gets loaded up like a jalapeno popper.  Sign me up.
And these burgers- holy crap.  Honestly, one of the best I've EVER had. EVER.  Like really, E.V.E.R.


The patties themselves are nothing special.  It's all in the toppings.  The most amazing cream cheese mixture you've ever experienced.  I'm for serious.  I almost ran out and bought bagels just to have something else to smother this amazing spread on.  Plus sharp cheddar and jalapenos get to join the party.  How is that not a winner?? 
And you don't need a snazzy grill or cooperating weather- you can make them inside.  Oh George, how I love you. (Me and my George Foreman grill are on a first name basis)
And you can't have burgers without fries.  Those lovely, crispy, golden brown delights are coming up on Friday :)





Adapted from this recipe


What You'll Need:
  • 3 Jalapeno Peppers, de-seeded and sliced
  • 8oz Cream Cheese, softened
  • 2 Tbsp Granulated Onion (or Grated Onion)
  • 1 clove Garlic, grated
  • Small Handful Cilantro, chopped
  • 1/2 tsp Cumin
  • Salt and Pepper
  • 2lb Ground Beef (I used only 1lb of  90/10)
  • 4oz Sharp Cheddar, thickly sliced
  • 12 Slider Buns 
What To Do:
  1. Preheat grill (griddle plate/George Foreman/BBQ/etc) to medium high.  In a small skillet, heat a little bit of olive oil over med-high heat.  Add jalapenos and cook until slightly charred but still tender-crisp.
  2. Combine cream cream, onion, garlic, cilantro, cumin, salt and pepper in a small bowl and set aside.  Season ground beef with salt and pepper and form into slider patties (6 patties for every pound of meat).  Brush lightly with olive oil and grill for about 3 minutes.  Flip over, top with cream cheese and a cheddar slice.  Tent with aluminum foil and grill for another 2-3 minutes.
  3. Serve on rolls, topped with jalapeno slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment