I have tried honestly 10 different recipes for oven baked fries. They never turn out right. They very get good color. Or if they do, they don't have the right texture. I was almost resolved to stick to buying the frozen ones in the bag.But then I found this recipe and decided to give homemade fries one last chance. Consider my search complete. These are fan-freakin-tastic. I can't say enough- just go get your potato on.
Adapted from this recipe
What You'll Need:
- 3 Large Russet Potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 5 Tbsp Veggie Oil, divided
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 475F. Place potato wedges in a large mixing bowl and cover with hot water. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Evenly coat a large rimmed baking sheet with 4 Tbsp of the oil, tilting to completely cover (or use a pastry brush). Sprinkle pan with salt and pepper
- Drain potatoes. Dry wedges by spreading on clean kitchen towels and patting dry. Dry out bowl and put wedges back in there. Toss with remaining 1 Tbsp oil and additional salt and pepper. Arrange wedges on baking sheet in a single layer and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes, rotating the sheet after 10 minutes. Flip each wedge and bake for another 5-15 minutes, until wedges are crisp and golden brown.
- Once done baking, turn out onto paper towel to soak up grease. Season with additional salt and pepper if needed