Don't know where to go for lunch. Easy- hit up Panera for veggie soup in a bread bowl.
Not feeling well. Nothing beats chicken noodle with crackers.
Gross, cold winter outside. Hello beef and sweet potato stew.
Don't know what to make for dinner. Broccoli Cheddar Potato to the rescue.
Plus, who doesn't love a reason to get out your immersion blender. I always feel so "food network-y" whenever I use mine (I know- I'm a weirdo)
Adapted from this recipe
What You'll Need:
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 cup Shredded Carrot
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp Flour
- 2 1/2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Milk
- 4 small Red Potatoes, diced (I left the skin on but you could peel them too)
- 2 cups Broccoli Florets, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Parmesan
- 1 1/2 cups Shredded Cheddar
What To Do:
- In a large soup pot, melt butter over low heat. Add chopped veggies and garlic and saute until soft, about 5 minutes. Whisk in flour until smooth and season with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken broth, milk, and potatoes. Turn heat up to high and allow to come to a boil. Cover and then reduce to low. Cook until potatoes are soft, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add broccoli and parmesan cheese. Cook uncovered until the broccoli is cooked, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cheddar until smooth.
- Using your immersion blender, quickly blend for a few seconds, until thickened to your likeness.