I'm a culinary cheat. I use boxed cake mixes. I buy those jars of minced garlic. I've never cook with dried beans- canned is totes the way to go.
And I make deceivingly easy breakfast casseroles with refrigerated biscuits. Generic brand no less.
Its all the awesomeness of a cinnamon roll without actually having to make dough, wait for it to rise, roll, cut, bake, etc..... Toss biscuit pieces in cinnamon-sugar. Douse with melted butter and more sugar. Bake. Devour.
Yep- cheating is delicious.
What You'll Need:
- 2 cans Refrigerated Biscuits (not the flaky kind)
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 4 Tbsp Butter (1/2 a stick)
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar, packed
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350F. Cut each biscuit into 4 pieces. In a large ziploc bag, combine cinnamon and granulated sugar. Add biscuit pieces and shake to coat. Arrange pieces in a buttered 8x8 pan (I've seen it done in fluted or bundt pans too).
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter and brown sugar. Bring to a boil and then allow to cool for a couple minutes. Pour over top of biscuits. Bake for 30-40 minutes