Mini Berry Cheesecakes

I have a very awful secret that I must share with you all.  I am so very ashamed of what I have to tell you. You will probably think of me completely different after you learn this dirty piece of personal info.  I'm so sorry that I've misled you about who I am.
My name is Sarah....and I watch the Bachelorette.

Yes- it's true.  Every Monday I tune in and watch guys who can't seem to keep their shirts on make fools of themselves in an effort to win the affection of some girl with a tragic past love story.
And it's fantastic. Finally, I have the ultimate insight into the world of men and dating. I mean- it truly is the epitome of reality, right? Before I thought if a guy paid for dinner, he was a winner. Now I know that if a guy is really interested in me, I should expect every date I'm taken on to involve helicopter rides and rock climbing and rock concerts preformed just for me.  And Chris Harrison needs to be there. Chris Harrison is a must. No Chris Harrison, no second date.
But oddly enough, none of the dates I've been on recently involve spur of the moment trips to St. Lucia or shark diving.  So what's a girl to do when her reality isn't that of reality TV? That girl makes cheesecake.
Rich and velvety cheesecake covered in fresh berries.  Who need Chris Harrison when my own personal cheesecake is involved? Plus the red, white, and blue is perfect for the 4th of July. You'll be the star of any BBQ showing up with these bad boys.


Adapted from this recipe

What You'll Need:

  • 15-20 Vanilla Wafers (1/2 cup grounded)
  • 2 Tbsp Butter, melted
  • 8 oz Cream Cheese, room temp
  • 1/4 cup Sugar
  • 1/2 tsp Vanilla
  • 1 egg
  • Strawberries (sliced) and blueberries, for topping
What To Do:

  1. Preheat oven to 325F.  Place vanilla wafers in a ziploc bag and crush with a rolling pin. Mix 1/2 cup of the vanilla wafer crumbs with the melted butter.  Press one-fourth of the mixture into the bottom of a 8ox ramekin. Repeat with the other three.
  2. Beat together cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Mix in egg until incorporated. Pour equally into the four ramekins
  3. Place ramekins in a deep roasting pan and fill with water until it reaches halfway up the cups. Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until the centers are set.
  4. Remove from the water bath and cool in the fridge for at least two hours. Cover if it's going to be longer than that (overnight is more than fine). Top with berries right before serving.



4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Mary! Me too. I love anything that I don't have to share ;-)

      Delete
  2. Yum! These look so good, cute too. I don't watch the bachelorette...but I can see how it's raised your standards. It certainly would raise mine! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so fun and patriotic! Thanks so much for linking up at Mealtime Monday! Can’t wait to see what you like up tomorrow night!

    Kaylee
    www.couponingncooking.com

    ReplyDelete