Added bonus: I finally found a use for the box of mason jars I bought months ago. I shouldn't be allowed in Target....
Inspired by this recipe
What You'll Need:
- 5 mason jars (or other liquid holding device)
- 40 oz of Vodka (I used Smirnoff)
- 1/3 cup of each color of Skittle (I bought 2-14oz bags and had extra, but I don't think 1 would've been enough)
What To Do:
- Separate your Skittles into the five flavors. Transfer each flavor into it's own mason jar and top off with 8 oz of vodka.
- Make sure your lids on are on tight and then shake. Give each flavor a good shake and then let sit several hours or overnight, until all the candies have dissolved. It doesn't hurt to shake every few hours to aid the process.
- At this point, the original recipe filtered and filtered and filtered. I started to, but it ended up being too tedious, so I skipped it. If you choose to too, just shake up your vodka before pouring/serving to distribution the floating sugar.
- Ta-da! You have Skittles Vodka. Chill in the freezer and enjoy all the fruity possibilities.
Please check out my Link Parties page to see where this post is linked to :)