Mad Men Martini


As hard as I might try, I'm never going to be one of the "cool kids".  I'm way to nerdy, way to awkward to be hip.  Case and point- I almost just quoted Huey Lewis there. But it's 2012 - seriously...who quotes Huey Lewis? Me. Totes OK with it too.

I'm constantly YEARS, really years, behind trends.  Allow me to elaborate:
I never listened to Dave Matthews Band in high school even though all my friends loved them. Now, like 3 of their songs are on my most played iTunes list.

I didn’t get on the ‘skinny jean’ band wagon until a couple months ago (though I probably should have let that one just leave the station….these thighs were not made for spandex)
And it took me until last week to watch an episode of Mad Men.  However, I’m now obsessed. OBSESSED.  Like, looking forward to going home, sitting on my couch and watching 2-3 episodes a night OBSESSED.  I love everything about it- the time period, the clothes, the nonchalant attitude all the guys have about, well, everything. It’s simply fantastic.  Plus, who wouldn’t love a show that promotes day-time office drinking?
Shameless photo of Don to drool over
So in honor of my ever-growing love of Don Draper, let’s throw one back old-school. 

Recipe Courtesy of AMC

What You’ll Need
  • 1 ½ oz Dry Vermouth
  • 2 ½ oz Gin
  • ½ oz Olive Juice
  • 3 Green Olives

What To Do:
Add vermouth to martini glass, rinse and pour out. Shake gin and olive juice with ice until chilled. Pour into glass and garnish with olives.

No comments:

Post a Comment