Chocolate Cinnamon Bread

 Dear Blog-

I'm so sorry that I've been an awful friend.  I've ignored you. Acted like you didn't even exist. I even cheated on you....yes, I made numerous fantastic sweets and treats without letting you know.
I have no excuses. I was just lazy.  Please find it in your heart to forgive me.
But I'm back. And I brought bread.  I hope you like it.

Love,
Sarah

Adapted from this recipe

What You'll Need:

For the Bread 

  • ¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) Butter, room temp
  • 1 ½ cup Sugar
  • 3 Eggs
  • ½ cup + 2 Tbsp Milk
  • ½ tsp Vanilla
  • 1 cup Flour
  • ⅔ cup Cocoa Powder
  • 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
  • ½ tsp Salt
  • ¼ tsp Baking Soda
  • ¼ tsp Baking Powder

For the Topping

  • 1 Tbsp Sugar
  • ¼ tsp Cinnamon
  • ¼ tsp Cocoa Powder
  • Pinch of Ginger
  • Pinch of Clove

What To Do:

  1. Preheat oven to 350F.  Grease a 9x5 loaf pan and line with parchment paper (something I forgot to do….whoops)
  2. Cream together sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Then add milk and vanilla.
  3. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.  Slowly add to the wet ingredients and mix until fully combined.
  4. Pour into prepared pan and level out batter.  Set aside.
  5. In a small bowl, mix together the topping ingredients and sprinkle over the bread batter.
  6. Bake for about 50 minutes, or until it passes the clean toothpick test. Allow to cool completed before removing from pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment