Molten Caramel Brownie Cookies

Hello. My name is Sarah and I'm an addict.  I, like every other food/fashion/DYI blogger out there, am OBSESSED with Pinterest.  This site is seriously the bee's knees.  
 
I have boards for recipes I want to try and DYI projects I'd love to attempt and photography tips and quotes I love and the list goes on.  However, I spend all this time adding to my boards that I rarely actually DO any of them.
This molten caramel chocolate lava cake was one of the very first things I pinned.  I was so excited to make it. Who wouldn't love warm, ooey-gooey caramel and chocolate? So what happened? And it sat there. And sat there. And sat there, sadly forgotten about.  I mean, how often does the occasion for making decadent individual cakes come into my life?
 
But then I became brilliant.  Make it a cookie! And so I did. I made fudgy, chewy brownie cookies stuffed with a Dove caramel.  And it was awesome. Pure heaven.
P.S. There are caramel blow-outs in heaven.  Don't worry- they're delicious.

Inspired by this recipe


What You'll Need:
  • 1 1/4 cups AP Flour
  • 1 tsp Baking Powder
  • 1 tsp Salt
  • 2/3 cup Cocoa Powder
  • 2 cups Sugar
  • 2 tsp Vanilla
  • 1 stick Butter, melted and cooled
  • 2 eggs
  • 18 Dove Caramel Promises
What To Do:
  1. Preheat oven to 350F.  Mix together flour, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder, and sugar in the bowl of your stand mixer until combined
  2. Add vanilla, butter, and eggs and mix until fully incorporated.
  3. On a parchment lined cookie sheet, drop 2 tsp of dough (I used a small cookie scoop- worked like a charm).  Place a Dove promise in the middle of each round and then top with another 2 tsp of dough.  Gently press the top dough down and around the promise.
  4. Bake for about 10-12 minutes.  Remove from oven but allow to sit on cookie sheet for about 5 minutes. Then move cookies still on the parchment off the sheet to further cool.  Wait until COMPLETELY cool to remove from paper.
  5. Before you reuse the same cookie sheet for a 2nd batch, make sure it's completely cool too.  I threw mine in the freezer for a couple minutes.  If it's too hot, your dough rounds will "melt" and it will make it incredibly difficult to form the dough around the chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment