Pumpkin Crumble

I love pumpkin.  Pumpkin bread. Pumpkin muffins. Pumpkin cookies. Pumpkin waffles (coming soon :). Pumpkin everything. Well, almost everything. As weird as it sounds, I can't stand pumpkin pie.
I know, I know...... She doesn't like pumpkin pie?! How is that even possible?  It's a Thanksgiving staple! Well, folks, I'm sorry.  But it just isn't for me.  It's a texture thing.  Same reason I can't eat bread pudding. Taste great, texture gives me the heebie-jeevies.
So this is my Sarah-friendly, texture-friendly pumpkin pie alternative.  Plus it's super simplified. All you most likely need from the store is a yellow cake mix for the bottom crust and the crumble topping and a can of pumpkin for the middle filling.  The rest you probably have on hand in your kitchen right now.

So with that, let's get out those mixing bowls shall we?

Adapted from this recipe

What You'll Need:
  • 1 box Yellow Cake Mix, divided
  • 1 Egg, beaten
  • 1 stick Butter, melted
  • 1-15 oz can Pumpkin Puree
  • 3 Eggs, beaten
  • 1/2 cup Sugar
  • 1/4 cup Brown Sugar, packed
  • 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup Sugar
  • 3 Tbsp Butter, softened

What To Do:
  1. Preheat oven to 350F.  Lightly spray a 9x13 baking dish.
  2. Reserve 1 cup of cake mix.  In a medium bowl, combine remaining cake mix, 1 beaten egg, and 1 stick melted butter.  Press into the bottom of the pan.
  3. In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, 3 eggs, 1/2 cup sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon.  Pour and spread over crust.
  4. In a small bowl, mix together reserved cup of cake mix and 1/2 cup sugar.  Incorporate 3 Tbsp softened butter.  I recommend getting your hands in there and mashing it together.  Crumble over top of pumpkin filling
  5. Bake for 40-45 minutes.  Allow to cool fully before cutting.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment