A Valentine's Day Treat

I've never really been into Valentine's Day.  I'm one of these girls that will spend V-Day at a bar chowing down cheeseburgers and Irish nachos (Oh, Murphy's how I miss you....).  Not exactly what most people would call "romantic", but it works for me.

However, I do love a themed dessert.  However, I'm kinda currently "cup-caked" out and since last week was a brownie, I didn't want to do something chocolate.  However, I always bring my dessert creations into work (or send them off with Marshall), so its always best do make something that doesn't require cutting or a plate.

Soooo......

Cookies it is!  I've always loved those peanut butter cookies with the Hershey kisses on top.  And when I came across these heart-shaped chocolates in the store, I knew I had a winning idea.  However, most traditional PB cookie recipes include shortening, tons of sugar and flour, plus PB (duh!) which is incredibly high in fat.  Yeah- that definitely wouldn't be too WW friendly.  So I debated....could I really come up with a recipe that would a) bake up like a cookie b) be pseudo-diet friendly and c) actually taste good??

Well, I was going to try....

I researched several recipes and all kinda mixed-and-matched and hoped it came out decent.


How Long Will It Take:
About an hour total

But Is It Good For Me:
Well, not every dessert recipe is going to be an awesome diet success as the brownies. But that aren't too terrible.  Recipe makes 2 dozen cookies, 3 points+ per cookie

What You'll Need:

What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 350.  Beat together the PB, egg, Splenda, and vanilla.  The add flour and mix until incorporated. Cover and chill for 20 minutes.



2.  Roll into 1/2-3/4 inch balls and place on cookie sheets. Bake about 10 minutes or until lightly browned.  Remove from oven and immediately press a chocolate into the middle of each cookie.  Allow to cool on the sheet for a few mintues and then move to a wire cooling rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment