Sugar-Doodle CookiesInspired by this month's Food Network Magazine
What You'll Need:
2 1/2 cups Cake Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
1 cup (2 sticks) Butter, room temp
3/4 cup Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 cup Sugar, divided
5-6 drops Red Food Coloring
2-3 drops Green Food Coloring
What To Do:
1. Sift together cake flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside. In a large bowl, cream together butter and 3/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy - about 2-3 minutes. Then add egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
2. Add the flour to the butter mixture in 2 increments, mixing completely each time. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill for about an hour.
3. While dough is chilling, preheat oven to 350F and prepare the colored sugar. Add 2-3 drops of green food coloring to 1/2 cup of sugar and mix until entirely incorporated. Repeat with remaining 1/2 cup of sugar and 5-6 drops of red food coloring.
4. Once the dough is chilled, use a small cookie scoop to create 1/2 inch round cookies. Roll in colored sugar to cover and then place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Flatten cookies with palm of your hand.
5. Bake for 15 minutes. Once done, allow to cool on the sheet for an additional 5 minutes.