The Classic Chocolate Chip Cookie

These cookies are magic.  They immediately made your day better.  They turn even the most amateur cook into a master baker.  They make children forget about skinned knees and they make grown men beg for them.
 
These cookies rock.
And they're the first thing I ever learned to bake.  I have distinct memories of running into my mom's kitchen to whip up a batch of these just for the heck of it.  They are the one and only thing I can make without the recipe card.  And they're my go-to comfort food (which can be a problem. NEED. WILL. POWER)
All I have to say is make them. Make them NOW


I think the original was a Hershey's recipe, but I have no clue....

What You'll Need:
3 sticks Butter
1 cup Sugar
1 cup Brown Sugar, packed
3 Eggs
2 tsp Vanilla
3 1/3 cups Flour
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
3/4 tsp Salt
1- 11.5 oz pkg Milk Chocolate Chips


What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 375F.  Cream together butter and sugars.  Add eggs and vanilla and combine.  In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and salt.  Slowly add to batter and mix until combined.  Stir in chocolate chips.
2.  Drop rounded tablespoons onto a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.  Allow to slightly cool, then transfer to cooling rack.
3.  Pour yourself a glass of milk and indulge a bit :)

No comments:

Post a Comment