Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes

The actual title of this recipe should be Reese's-Peanut Butter-Cup-No, Friend!-Please-Don't-Leave-Us.-I'll-Make-You-Baked-Goods-in-Hopes-That-You'll-Stay Cupcakes.
I know- a bit lengthy of a name, but I never claimed to know the definition of brevity.....


Who's this friend you ask? And why did he leave? Short answer- he's one of the absolutely coolest and funniest people I know and one of my best friends that I've made since moving to MD.  And he left because our bosses suck and sent him away to North Carolina for 2 months for a work rotation, leaving me and the rest of our gang to mourn his absense.
But alas, he was not swayed by baked goods.  But at least we had amazing cupcakes to use as a coping mechanism for our loneliness......


And when I say amazing, I mean A.MAZ.ING.  Chocolate Cupcakes. Meet Peanut Butter Frosting.  Now that the two of you are familiar, I'll introduce you to an old friend of mine. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.
Yeah, this is happening.

Recipe adapted from Joy the Baker. (LOVE her!)


What You'll Need:
Boxed Chocolate Cake Mix
Egg, Oil, and Milk called for on cake box (I always sub milk for water when making boxed mixes)
2 sticks (1 cup) Butter, room temp
1 cup Peanut Butter
1 tbsp Milk
3-4 cups Powdered Sugar
Reese's Cups, coarsely chopped






What To Do:
1.  Preheat oven and mix cake as directed on box.  Allow cupcake to completely cool prior to frosting (Can chill in fridge if in a hurry)
2.  While cupcakes cool, mix up frosting.  I HIGHLY recommend using a stand mixer and the paddle attachment and just letting it do its thing.  In the mixer bowl, combine the butter and peanut butter.  Beat until its incredible creamy and no butter chunks remain.  Add milk, then add 3 cups of powdered sugar.  Mix until completely combined.  I stopped at 3 cups of sugar because I wanted a creamier frosting, but if you'd like it thicker, add the extra cup.
3.  Sprinkle with Reese's CupWalk away, or else you'll eat 4 before you realize what just happened....

No comments:

Post a Comment