Baked Mac & Cheese

For almost as long as I can remember, I haven't cared for mac & cheese.  I think it stems from overdosing on it as a toddler.  Between the ages of three and five, I had enough to last me until I was 24.
However, now all I want is cheese covered carbs. 


Mmmmmmmmmm...............cheeeeeeeeeeeeese.  Baked cheesy, pasta gloriousness.


Recipe from Skinny Taste.com

How Long Is This Gonna Take:
15 minutes + 20 minutes baking time 

What You'll Need:
1 box Whole Wheat Pasta
2 tbsp Butter
1/4 cup Flour
1/4 cup Onions, chopped
2 cups Skim Milk
1 cup Chicken Broth
8oz Reduced Fat Cheddar
S&P
4 cups Baby Spinach
1/8 cup Parmesan Cheese
1/4 cup Bread Crumbs


What To Do:
1. Cook pasta in salted water, leaving it a bit firm. Preheat oven to 375F and spray a casserole dish with cooking spray.
2.  In a large skillet, melt butter.  Whisk in flour over low heat.  Add onions and cook another 2 minutes. Add milk and broth.  Raise heat to med-high and continue whisking until smooth and boiling.  Remove from heat, melt in cheddar. Season with S&P.  Wilt in spinach, then mix in pasta.
3.  Transfer to baking dish.  Top with parmesan and bread crumbs.  Spray top with a little bit more cooking spray. Cook for 15-20 minutes, then broil to brown bread crumbs.

1 comment:

  1. Now what ever possessed you to add spinach?  (Must be a grown ups version.)  A nice bit of greens beside it on the plate does the trick for me.

    ReplyDelete