Asian Chicken Stirfry

So, if you've been an observant reader of my random recipes, you'll notice I tend to lean towards 1) chicken, 2) Italian-esque dishes, or 3) Mexican flavored things.  I admit it, my tastes are simple.  Don't get me wrong, I like plenty of other things, but for some reason, when I'm looking for things to make, those are my go-to's.
So I wanted to try something I normally wouldn't.  Yes, its still chicken, but we're going Asian tonight.  I based this this recipe off of one from (once again) SkinnyTaste.com.  In her version, she makes glazed drumsticks.  I already had frozen chicken breasts at home and figured the sauce would be awesome with veggies as well, so just threw it all together. 


Asian Chicken Stir-fry


How Long Is This Gonna Take: About 40 minutes 

But Is It Good For Me:
Makes 4 servings, 6 points+ per serving 

What You'll Need:



What To Do:
1. Coat a large saucepan with some cooking spray and add chicken. Once cooked through, remove from pan and cover with foil to keep warm.  To the same pan, add water, chili sauce, balsamic, soy sauce, sugar, and garlic.  Bring sauce to a boil.  Then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 5 minutes

2. Then remove cover and bring heat back up to high.  Reduce glaze down until it thickens, about 8-10 minutes.  Careful not to burn the glaze.  While glaze reducing, steam your veggies (I bought the "steam in the bag" ones and was able to just throw them in the microwave).  Once reduced, turn off heat, add chicken and veggies to the pan and coat with glaze.

3.  Dish out onto plates/bowls and top with a sprinkling of sesame seeds.

Sorry there aren't more pictures. This one isn't too "aesthetically pleasing" until assembled


No comments:

Post a Comment